Tuesday 7 February 2012

Rest in Peace - Shanelle's Spanking Friends website











So, I'm feeling a bit better (and many thanks to Kaelah for the kind wishes yesterday), and I promised myself that I'd get a new substantive post up today, so here it it!

Shanelle (or Miss Shan, if you're a submissive) has been around the UK spanking scene forever. I think that I first became aware of her in connection with Liz and her Spanking Services site; as I've mentioned before I was always thought that, if I worked up the nerve to see a professional spankee, Liz would have been my choice. There was something about her that seemed safe somehow.

Liz has always had a large number of video samples on her website, and, playing with Liz as both top and bottom, there was this willowy dark haired lady, cheeky and vulnerable as a bottom but severe and intimidating as a top.

I confess that I still find Miss Shan a bit scary now, although she has been nothing but chatty, helpful and friendly in our email correspondence.

Anyway, Liz and Shan seemed to have so much fun together that I actually bought two of their spanking DVDs - the only time that I've done that rather than just paying to download clips. They were "Retro Spank", a tale of two sisters arguing over clothes, and spanking each other (this wasn't exactly a surprising plot twist) and "Cousin Capers" (two cousins discover their Uncle's spanking magazines, and experiment, before being caught and punished by him).

I loved the films; there was a genuine sense of fun, and the interactions between the girls were great. I watched them a lot!

I've always kept an eye on Liz, who's sites have undergone various changes over the years, and she now offers a lot of her videos through the clips for sale store.

I somehow lost track of Shan; I'm not sure that I was aware she had websites in her own right.

A couple of years ago I was doing spanking searches on Google, when Aunty Shan popped up in connection with slipper spanking (one of my favourite things, and I'll blog about the Britishness of that at some point).

I clicked on the link and a wonderland of new spanking videos appeared.

There were three sites; Miss Shanelle (where you can book one to one sessions with Miss Shan as a top), Shanelle's Spanking Friends (which hosts 350 M/F and) F/F videos and Spanx Productions (which has Shan's F/M videos).

My interest in switching was still in it's infancy, so I joined Shan's Spanking Friends, and went on an orgy of downloading.

The best thing about Shan's videos (except for Shan herself, and she isn't in all of them anyway) is there simplicity and directness. There isn't a mass of set dressing, with most taking place in either a simple school room or a living room, and the costumes, while appropriate, aren't overdone. Each film has a plot of course, but they tend to be basic, and a vehicle for justifying a spanking.

Within a couple of minutes of their start there is spanking to be seen.

I love the level of discipline in these films; it's firm, and progressive, but never excessive or cruel. Spankings tend to start over clothing, moving to underclothes (quite a lot of slips and tights, which are things I always enjoy seeing) and finishing on bare bottoms.

I'd say the majority are hand spankings over the knee, although there are a good number in which canes, slippers, tawses and belts appear.

The naughty girl is often shown ruefully rubbing a well smacked bottom, which I also find most appealing.

I also splurged on a three day membership of the F/M site, and I must say that Shan really does make a wonderful angry Aunty, or awe inspiring governess. I've included a shot of her in period costume applying a carpet beater to her unfortunate charge.

I don't think I would ever visit a professional top (being a switch I want to have my cake and eat it) but if I did, I'd want it to be Miss Shan.

As to the models; well, there's something for everyone, from petite and pretty, to middle aged and a bit overweight. Shan has a definite very humanistic view of this, and I'd like to offer a quote from the website:-

"WE ARE NOT AGEIST, RACIST, WEIGHTIST OR SEXIST, WE USE VARIOUS PEOPLE WHO ARE INTO THE SCENE FOR REAL, IF YOU WANT STUNNING MODELS MAY I SUGGEST YOU #1 LOOK IN THE MIRROR FIRST then #2 VISIT OTHER SUCH SITES WHERE YOU GET GIRLS WHO CAN'T TAKE IT, DON'T LIKE IT and CERTAINLY CAN'T ROLE PLAY. WE ENJOY WHAT WE DO ON OUR SHOOTS AND PORTRAY EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS. "

The enjoyment of all concerned certainly comes through; it's not that there are lots of nudges and winks, or smiles at the camera; it's just a general feeling.

You'll see a number of images dotted around this post; these are all taken from videos on the site, and generously provided by Miss Shan specifically for my use here.

Shan is very protective of her work; not just the actual videos themselves but also images taken from them. This is material that she has paid to produce, and the reimbursement that she gets from spankos joining the sites or buying clips both provides a living to her, and funds further video productions.

I'm making a point about this as it leads me to the headline of this article; Shan's membership sites are no more.

I recently emailed her about reviewing Shanelle's Spanking Friends, only to learn that she had discontinued them from 31st January; I must confess that I was gutted to learn of this. I was really looking forward to another month of downloading her down to earth videos, and luxuriating in the genuine English accents of the the actors.

Family difficulties, declining income from the sites (as a result of password trading and people stealing clips to upload onto free sites), combined with the expense of hiring models for the shoots themselves amalgamated to make continued updating of the membership sites impractical, and regular updates were required in order satisfy CCBill.

This is very sad news, although luckily the clips are not lost; they can still be bought individually at Shan's clip store. I'm pleased about this, as it allows fans to get just the material they specifically want, but I must admit that there is nothing like the thrill of discovery when first you log into a new site, and explore the variety of clips available.

I'm always like a kid in a toy store (but without the creepy Santa vibe).

I'd urge you to check out the links in this post; Shan is currently undertaking a project to make all of their photo sets available for viewing, in order to promote interest in her clip store. You will certainly be able to see what you are getting before you buy!

So there we go; another site destroyed, at least in part, but by bastard video pirates. I'll have a piece about them shortly.

For now I think I'll boot up my Shan file, and sample some of those brilliant videos again.

All the best

Tim




1 comment:

  1. Well written Tim, sad how the decline in video producers has been brought down by junk spanking companies and piracy.

    John

    www.SpankingServices.com

    ReplyDelete